The Colorado Open Golf Foundation wants all of our players, participants, families, volunteers, coaches, spectators and staff to know that we care about YOU! Like many of you, we are following the rapidly changing developments with the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), including what trusted organizations like Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization and local health administrators are saying. We will update the website as often as information changes. Your safety, security and well-being is our priority.
Please visit the website as well as our social media outlets to find information. We are all doing our best to stay positive during these uncertain times. We’re in this together and will persevere!
UPDATE: October 7, 2020
CoBank Colorado Open Championships
Given the time frame of our championships, we currently have not made any changes to the dates of the championships.
Colorado Women’s Open
- The 2020 CoBank Colorado Women’s Open was held June 3rd through 5th and champion, Jennifer Kupcho, took home $50,000 and her first professional victory. She currently plays on the LPGA, but due to canceled tournaments, she participated in the event for the 1st time as a professional. In previous appearances, the Colorado native has played winning Low Amateur honors in both 2014 and 2017.
- The CoBank Colorado Open Championship was held July 23rd through July 26th at Green Valley Ranch Golf Club. Mark Anguiano prevailed as champion with a record-breaking 29 under collecting a nice first place check of $100,000!
Colorado Senior Open
- The CoBank Colorado Senior Open was the third and final championship of the 2020 season and was contested August 26th through 28th at Green Valley Ranch Golf Club. Professional Harry Rudolph and amateur Jon Lindstrom tied at 8 under par sending the tournament to extra holes with Harry prevailing as the champion with a par on #18, the first playoff hole.
First Tee – Green Valley Ranch
- Below are some of the guidelines we’ve put into place in order to deliver a safe learning environment for our participants:
- Class sizes, inclusive of participants and coaches, will not exceed maximum gathering guidelines.
- Class activities will fully observe social distancing guidelines and all safety measures.
- Participants will ONLY handle their own clubs (no sharing). If a player does not have a set of clubs, we will provide clubs for them to use.
- Golf balls used for chipping and putting will be given out to a participant for the duration of class and then will be returned to a cleaning bucket at the end of class.
- Range balls will be set out by coaches at each participant’s practice area on the driving range. (No reaching into a bucket or den caddie to retrieve balls).
- All supplies and equipment is cleaned and sanitized before and after class.
- Participants MUST bring their own water bottle.
- Parents are welcome to watch from their vehicle, or from a distance, while observing all mandated safety guidelines.
- If the participant is sick, do NOT come to class. STAY HOME.
- Due to the fluidity of the circumstances, there may be additional modifications, and we will communicate those changes as soon as possible.
- All spring school programming has been postponed and we are currently working with the schools to reschedule for Spring 2021.